Friday 4 December 2009

Bushcraft Course

Running a business can be challenging, rewarding, exciting, and sometimes frustrating, especially when seemingly simple admin tasks become tedious! For example, the printer or computer dies, internet connections don't work and SO much time is wasted sorting these out.

Many people envy that I can take award winning landscape photographs at great locations in dramatic or atmospheric lighting. The reality is that those 'WOW' images are the result of numerous, often fruitless, return trips, as the best laid plans may be thwarted by inclement weather or unexpected challenges. A few weeks ago nothing seemed to be going smoothly. I was working longer hours, getting increasingly isolated and my self esteem was getting low. Something had to change. ME! I made a CHOICE to make a CHANGE and TAKE ACTION!

Have you noticed how a chain of events can be set in motion by making one decision? I decided to attend the South West Office Show in Bristol on 20th October. The weather was miserable and unbelievably wet. It would have been very easy not to have bothered, but I did go. I came home feeling inspired and empowered by some of the people I'd spoken with at the show.

One stand caught my eye with a handout saying '...join us on our FREE 10 week Aspire to Grow Course in Bushcraft'. http://www.growinthewild.webs.com/ I love the outdoors, so I signed up, turned up each Saturday and now my life is blossoming. I'm looking good and feeling great. On the course, I've met some very dedicated organisers and knowledgable instructors, joined other participants to learn survival skills, bushcraft, teamwork, leadership, rekindled forgotten skills and had great fun along the way. Life's too short, it's not a rehearsal. DO SOMETHING TODAY TO MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Anna,
    ...I stumbled above your blog while I was looking in the internet at the pictures you took for my cousin and her husband.
    Well, you are writing about a bushcraft course.
    May be you like to have a look at:
    www.woodsmoke.uk.com
    .
    Take care,
    W.

    ReplyDelete